This file is part of the documentation for the Linux FreeS/WAN project.
See the documentation index or project
home page for more information.
Background book file
This is one of three "book" files in the HTML documentation for the FreeS/WAN
implementation of the IPSEC protocols for Linux.
All three are intended for use with the "make book" feature of the Amaya
editor/browser from the World Wide Web Consortium.
Amaya is included in many Linux distributions, or can be downloaded from the
W3C Amaya page.
- Installation and setup
- This file: Background information
- protocols, politics, press coverage
- mailing list, web links
- bibliography, glossary, RFCs
- IPSEC manual pages collected into book form.
We also provide
a file of links to HTML versions of individual man pages, or
you can just use the man command.
In Amaya, load any of these files, click on "make book" and it will build
you a large printable or browsable file, replacing certain links
with the files they point to. Links between the included files are handled
correctly and a table of contents for the combined file is automatically built.
If you do not have Amaya, or don't want the large "book" format files, you
can browse the separate HTML files:
- starting from the main documentation index
- using links below if you want to focus on this group of files
- using another book file (links above) for another focus
Amaya may take a long time to process this file (several minutes on my
K6-3/450). Don't assume it has hung; go make coffee, read Slashdot, or whatever.
- the four "links" files naturally contain many links
- the Glossary contains a large number of cross-reference links
- and Amaya rewrites links to point to the right place in the expanded file
Files included in Background "book"
Click below to go to: